Our client is big international bank from the TOP-20 rank. The Data Platform is a distributed, high redundancy, high throughput global distribution platform for mission-critical financial data. It provides best-in-class reference data delivery across all of Company’s businesses, supporting more than 400 internal client applications. The Platforms ensures that data delivery is fast, secure, fault-tolerant and always available while providing high flexibility for integrations between disparate systems along with extensive customizability for subscribing to data events.
The successful candidate will engage laterally with partner development teams, business analysts and operations/support engineers, while owning the SDLC through best practice DevOps tooling.
The successful candidate has a comprehensive understanding of enterprise systems design and development, enabling arbitrary horizontal scalability and redundancy while maximizing system throughput and safety.
He or she will also oversee release efforts and be on rotation for on-call support.
- 5+ years of functional programming experience in a functional language like Scala or Haskell;
- Strong understanding of fundamental functional programming principles;
- Mastery of algorithms and their applications;
- Must be familiar with the following technologies: Akka, MongoDB, Kafka;
- Docker, Openshift;
- Understanding of CI/CD practices and types of quality gates;
- Knowledge of different communication protocols (REST, events, messaging);
- Strong history of contributing to excellence in enterprise programs;
- Strong experience managing the development of enterprise delivery systems;
- Able to be hands-on and take ownership of projects’ deliverables;
- Demonstrable history of strong analytical thinking and problem-solving skills;
- Have a sound macro view of the working of the financial services domain;
- Excellent written and oral communication skills in English;
- Experience with Scrum team management, SDLC.
- Have a fundamental understanding of the workings of financial institutions, specifically investment banks.
- Bachelor's/Master’s Degree in Computer Science or Applied Mathematics or similar technical specialisation.